In life your speed doesn’t matter -forward is forward. Making progress matters!
Living life as a race , tending to advance faster and in quickest way is not happiest and healthiest way to live .
When we compare our growth or failures to others , try to rush our progress while looking at what others are achieving -most of the times, it will lead to low self esteem, unhappy feeling and frustration.
Don’t compare your life to others .There is no comparison between the sun and the moon . They shine when its time.
Does the following thoughts come across your mind often?
– he is earning more than me ?
– she is way more than beautiful than me ?
-he has more friends than me ?
-My car isn’t as luxurious as others ?
– she is more famous than you ?
– he / she can dance , sing , paint ,or whatever their talent is better than you ??
Well my friend lets burst the bubble!! There will be always someone better than you ! But you are unique in own ways , you are here to create your own wonderful story .
So everyone has different sets of backgrounds, problems,talents and personality. Thus achievements will also differ .
Follow these steps to learn to grow at your own pace :-
- Compare only with yourself:- If you really want to keep the yardstick handy , use it with yourself only .compare today’s progress with yesterday’s and if scale is pointing towards forward – it’s positive sign!!
- Age is just a number : never , mind it never! Limit yourself with age . For example thinking that at age of 16 Justin Bieber was superstar but im not famous . Everyone has different timing to shine remember that Colonel Sanders of KFC got success in his old age. So don’t have thoughts like ” i am to be old for this ” age is just number ,its never too late , just keep going !
- Stop looking at the greener grass on otherside :looking at others can ruin what you have ! While their success or happiness might be just a show off . But you can loose your real self coping up with other’s standards.
- Its ok to be slow but don’t stop : how can you forget the famous turtle and rabbit story . It was the turtle who won . So yeah people Slow and steady wins the race .
- Find your magical trait: yup every human is special! Yes you are special in your own ways . Recognize your talent -magic trait and hone your skills .Move in right direction and your progress won’t be matched by anyone.
- Don’t loose enthusiasm: There can be times when problems will arise in your path , you wont achieve as much as you wanted but don’t loose zeal. Better things are waiting for you .
- Don’t wait for from others validation :Many times no matter what we achieve or how much we progress,we feel unhappy and discontent because we are constantly seeking validation from others around us .Stop doing that right away. You don’t need someone to tell how good you are doing in life ! Its your life you are the pilot of journey!
So peace out with yourself, grow at own your pace, be happy and shine like a star!
” Don’t be afraid of growing slowly, be afraid of standing still ” 😊